Technical Support Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manager of Technical Support will oversee the technical support and service operations and functions in the organization.
*This job is remote but does require traveling
Technical Support Manager Responsibilities:
· Hires and trains IT department staff.
· Organizes and oversees the schedules of IT department staff.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Analyzes software and hardware needs for the organization.
· Oversees and facilitates the installation and maintenance of IT systems, hardware, and software.
· Identifies and recommends upgrades and changes to hardware and software, maintaining efficient and effective operations in the organization.
· Facilitates and oversees the technical support and helpdesk roles, ensuring effective and helpful support is provided to end users.
· Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in information technology, alerting senior staff of the effects widespread software and hardware revisions, changes, and discontinuation will have on the organization’s systems and operations.
· Coordinates and schedules large-scale software and hardware installations.
· Ensures IS-related projects and tasks are completed within specifications, on time, and within budget.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Thorough understanding of technology, software, and hardware.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with or able to quickly learn the software and applications used in the organization and the industry.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
· At least five years of related experience with at least one year in a supervisory role preferred.
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more, please contact email@example.com or by calling 605-705-4664.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
TechnologyView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Service Desk Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.