Senior Design Engineer for Commercial Solar PV!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Electrical Engineer Solar PV Design
Looking for PE and EIT Candidates: Candidates with electrical Professional Engineer (PE) licensure or Engineer in Training (EIT) certification (in AZ, CA, CO, TX, NM, NV, etc) shall be considered for this position and are encouraged to apply.
Solar company which is a leader in the design, installation, and commissioning of commercial, industrial, community and small utility scale solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) in the Southwest US, is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to lead the company's electrical design and engineering efforts.
Electrical Engineer Solar PV Design Job Responsibilities:
- Use AutoCAD and other Excel-based design software to produce complete, detailed PV and BESS electrical design packages, utility interconnection drawings, site layout drawings, zoning permit packages, as-built drawing packages and other deliverables.
- Serve as the lead internal technical resource for topics including BESS and PV design, interconnection and NEC requirements, electrical calculations, medium voltage and microgrid design, emerging industry technologies, AHJ and utility standards, design standards and other areas.
- Manage and continuously improve internal Excel and AutoCAD design tools, templates, and processes.
- Review internal and external design documents and provide feedback on design concept and code compliance, adherence to contract requirements, constructability, cost optimization and other factors for a complete and accurate design package.
- Provide technical and drafting training for solar designers and other company staff.
- Coordinate with outside engineering consultants for drafting and/or sealing of structural, civil, and electrical designs, third-party engineering reviews, and other support.
- Prepare system performance models and tests using PVsyst and other production modeling software.
- Participate in site visits to determine design considerations and constraints, interconnection requirements, project constructability, and other important factors.
- Provide support to procurement and construction teams, including the preparation of bills of materials, evaluation of product technical data, and processing of RFI's and other field and design change inquiries.
- Research emerging industry technologies and products and evaluate for implementation into company operations with the goal of reducing cost and increasing project quality and efficiency. Make informed recommendations to management as needed.
Electrical Engineer Solar PV Design Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or associate degree in electrical engineering or design (or a related field) is preferred, but not required. An equivalent combination of experience and/or education in relevant position-related topics will be considered.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience in electrical design, including a minimum of 4 years of PV system design and 2 years BESS design (commercial/industrial or utility scale highly preferred). Additional experience in structural and civil design and engineering highly desired.
- Proficiency with current versions of AutoCAD, including use of dynamic blocks, layer organization, external recommendations and data links, document control and general drafting best practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including the use of Excel macro functionality (macro coding experience desired).
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (including 2020 version), with a thorough understanding of Article 690, 705 and other applicable sections.
- Thorough understanding of PV and BESS design principles, products, and standards.
- Knowledge of various local and regional utility and AHJ standards, processes, and requirements (including typical interconnection application processes for major utilities in the southwest) is highly preferred.
- Must be an effec
ManufacturingView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Solar PV Design Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.