- Expired: October 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Wealth Management (WM) Senior Portfolio Manager offers customized advice for the largest and more complex accounts in a bank's wealth portfolio and delivers presentations to designated prospects and customers. This position monitors and manages customer portfolios and maintains asset allocations and strategies consistent with the investment needs of the customer. The WM Senior Portfolio Manager serves as a subject matter expert to WM team members to keep them apprised of economic trends and forecasts, market factors, and regulations which affect investment options best suited for their clients. This position is also responsible for the management and oversight of one or more major asset classes and/or investment strategies used in the portfolios offered to all WM clients.
- Portfolio Management:
- Remains abreast of industry trends, regulatory matters, and market events impacting investment strategies, managers, clients, and the industry.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for investment related matters to assigned territories/regions/banks/accounts and ensures investment strategies, investment philosophy, policies, and procedural updates are communicated to appropriate staff and implemented appropriately.
- Ensures assigned portfolios are managed consistently using HTLF strategies, including maintaining the proper asset allocation, portfolio re-balancing, implementing investment changes and raising cash
- Assesses a client's goals, preferences, and risk tolerance to develop an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) which serves as the guide for the client's asset allocation. Recommends changes and assists Wealth Advisors and clients with creation or revision of same. Assists with creation of appropriate restrictions, limitations, etc., on system to ensure compliance.
- Serves as the primary investment resource for Wealth Advisors and Market Leaders in assigned territories/regions/banks/accounts. Assists client-facing team with retention of existing clients and sourcing/presenting to new clients.
- Serves as the primary relationship manager on large institutional accounts or other client relationships of significant size and complexity.
- Works closely with Platform Services, Administration, and Operations to ensure effective system set-up, proper policies and procedures, ongoing asset administration of the department, and problem resolution.
- Asset Management:
- Oversees one or more major asset classes or strategies.
- Conducts individual research to assist the department in formulating investment strategy.
- Participates in manager due diligence as a subject matter expert in specific asset classes, and/or investment discipline.
- Participates with the Wealth Management team in developing and implementing strategic plans as required.
- Participates in key departmental committees, including the WM Investment Committee, Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Investment Committee, and sub-committees related to strategic asset allocation and security/manager review.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance or
- equivalent work experience required
- 7-10 years portfolio management experience required
- Has detailed knowledge of: Portfolio management, financial security analysis, Economic theory and its applications, Accounting, Corporate finance, Stock and market valuation considerations, Investment theory, and Performance measurement required
- Has portfolio management or research experience in fixed, equity, manager due diligence, or tactical asset allocation analysis required
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office. Demonstrated ability to efficiently learn new programs and to proficiently use and interpret data provided by software tools required
- Proficiency with Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, FactSet preferred
- Demonstrated superior customer care and client retention skills required
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen to others and effectively articulate and translate complex ideas, terms, and concepts related to investments, financial markets and the economy required
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Able to lead by example, with approach to work and client interactions required
- Chartered Financial Analyst - CFA - CFA Institute or
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) - Investment Management Consultants Association - IMCA preferred
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Senior Portfolio Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.