General Manager - Lumber Yard Experience Required!
- Posted: over a month ago
BRANCH MANAGER - Building Materials
A building materials organization in the greater Madison, WI area is looking for a Branc Manager The current Branch Manager is retiring but will be able to train the individual hired into the position.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects in developing strategies and objectives toward driving store sales and profitability through effective leadership and communication.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage overall branch sales, operations, productions, delivery, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Oversee daily operations and engage with site personnel.
- Responsible for budget accountability and reporting.
- Monitor inventory and expense control.
- Recruit, hire, promote, train, conduct performance reviews, address issues, and discipline and terminate employees.
- Forecast product demand and efficiency.
- Institute cost-effective vehicle and equipment maintenance measures.
- Solicit and value customer feedback, address deficiencies, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Observe and enforce compliance of company programs and procedures.
- Attend and participate in company-sponsored training, when required.
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
A General Manager must:
- Complete and pass a drug, background screen, and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- Have minimum 2-years’ experience in the lumber/building materials industry, supervisory experience and/or combination of both
- Have working knowledge and experience with a P&L (Profit and Loss) report
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Have one year of commercial estimating experience, preferred
- One year of Outside Building Materials Sales experience, preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior managment skills
- High level of flexibility
- Ability to adapt
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Natural leadership talent for mottivating and developing teams
- Degree in Business Administion or relevent field, preferred.
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Interpret written, oral, diagrams, and schedule-form instructions.
- Calculate figures and amounts (i.e., discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.).
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Occasionally lift/move objects up to 100 pounds, stand, and walk.
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear
If you'd like to take the next steps in your management career, APPLY NOW!!! Feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
RetailView all jobs at Gpac