Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Employee Benefit Account Manager
Knowledge of various carriers, ability to help with quotes and proposals, new business, and renewals. Also, this is a fun company to work for, flexible time and a great compensation package.
Primary Job Purpose:
Management of an assigned block of Employee Benefits business in the Branch. Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, or, self-insured.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports.
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs.
- Calculating employee contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client's budgetary requirements.
- Prepare annual client service plans.
- Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars as needed.
- Collecting new client information for HIB technology offerings.
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials and compliance notices as required.
- Negotiating rates and benefits.
- Audit client information, premium, and commission splits in the HIB Agency Management System (Zywave).
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Core Skills: Employee Benefit Account Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers.
- High School Graduate / College Degree Preferred.
- Two or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting.
- Life and Disability license required.
If you or someone you know would like more information, feel free to contact me, Rachel Sharp, at firstname.lastname@example.org or my colleague, Bill Danton, at email@example.com.
Insurance Agencies Owners or Hiring Authorities: If your team needs any position filled, we can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Please reach out for a consultation today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
AddressNewport News, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Employee Benefits Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.