- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Highly Respected Construction Company is seeking a seasoned Diesel Mechanic who is organized and capable of assessing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced commercial construction environment. Great atmosphere and compensation with benefits.
Skills for the Diesel Mechanic:
The Diesel Mechanic will be involved with safety awareness, vehicle maintenance and DOT compliance and regulations.
Incentive Package Includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacations/PTO/Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options
Qualifications for the Diesel Mechanic:
- 3-5+ years of heavy automotive equipment and construction machinery mechanical experience.
- Heavy Duty Diesel experience.
- ASE Certified/Master Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA and other government safety rules and regulations.
- Class A CDL Driver’s License
- Knowledge of air brake systems and components.
- Must have own tools.
- Able to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges and precision instruments as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, jacks, and hoists.
- Certification in Freightliner, Cummins, CAT, International, Volvo, Hino, Ford/Chevy Heavy Trucks, etc. is highly preferred.
Responsibilities for Diesel Mechanic include but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions, and electrical systems.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Federal DOT Inspections.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on trucks and trailer equipment.
- Identify warrantable repairs and documents on repair orders.
- Inspect brake system, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routing maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Maintain thorough maintenance records.
- Road test vehicles when needed to diagnose malfunctions.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to know about other positions, we have available throughout the US, please contact me, Desiree Smulski, confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume ASAP.
Connect with me on LinkedIn for fast access: https://www.linkedin.com/in/desiree-smulski-ab361978/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
AddressAsbury Park, NJ
AutomotiveView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Construction Diesel Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.