- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Development Chemist will conduct development work for new compounds in new product developments, and improve current compounds in performance, efficiency, and price competitiveness.
A Qualified candidate will have 2-4+ years’ experience in Manufacturing with:
- Analyzing compounds and record data to determine physical and chemical properties for development of compounds
- Developing and issuing new formulations for new compounds based on requirements from customers and market demand trends
- Investigating applicability of new formulations and other formulations
- Reviewing formulas for accuracy and ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Working with HSE in developing and updating SDS as needed
- Preparing technical data sheets for customers
- Generating ideas for new product development of compounds
- Ensuring that all tests are performed with accuracy, completeness and in compliance with established standards
- Evaluating formulations via proper lab verification methods
- Attending needed customer trial(s) per request from R&D Manager
- Providing technical support internally and externally to production, QC/QA, sales and customers for cost savings, raw material evaluation and raw material substitution
- Coordinating day to day R&D Pilot Line activities, project updates and project prioritization
- Managing regulatory files including NSF and UL qualifications and certifications
Required Skills/Education & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or other related fields
- Good technical knowledge with PVC material and application experience in formulating
- Expertise in chemistry, understanding surface-interface properties and surface characterization
- Ability to think out of the box and willing to take extra step to get the job done accurately and efficiently
- MUST HAVE experience with roll mill, hot press, tensile tester, impact tester, color eyes and other lab device needed for formulations***
Important to know:
- ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt preferred**
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Full time position with bonus, benefits
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits based on experience
***For more information on this opportunity or any others, contact Lindsey Croner directly at 605.321.4435**
Resumes may be confidentially emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
ScienceView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Development Chemist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.