- Posted: 28 days ago
DEVELOPMENTAL CHEMIST ***POLYMER EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED***
***This is a brand new created position***
DEVELOPMENTAL CHEMIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct development work for new compounds in new product developments, and improve current compounds in performance, efficiency, and price competitiveness
- Provide technical support to Production and Sales, as well as technical services customers and potential customers
- Analyze compounds and record data, including competitors when needed, to determine physical and chemical properties for development of compounds
- Responsible for developing and issuing new formulations for new compounds based on requirements and specifications from customers (FDA, Automotive &W/C Specifications) and market demand trends
- Investigate applicability of formulations in replacement of raw materials to enhance performance and minimize cost, keeping quality standards
- Responsible for reviewing formulas for accuracy and ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Responsible for issuing raw material substitutions when needed
- Work with HSE in developing and updating SDS as needed
- Prepare Technical Data Sheets for customers
- Generate ideas for new product development of compounds and researching feasibility in terms of profitability, resource availability and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all tests are performed with accuracy, completeness and in compliance with established standards
- Responsible for evaluating formulations via proper lab verification methods. Do necessary adjustments along the way of evaluation
- Make recommendations for improvements in process for pilot line or production line trial formulation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a BS in Chemistry or a 2 year degree
- 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Good technical knowledge with PVC material and application experience in formulating
- Expertise in chemistry, understanding surface-interface properties and surface characterization
- Ability to think out of the box and willing to take extra step to get the job done accurately and efficiently
- Must have experience with roll mill, hot press, tensile tester, impact tester, color eyes and other lab device needed for formulations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, AND SKILLS ASQ
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in PC skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORK ENVIROMENT
- Most of the time on the job is spending sitting or standing. Some lifting of up to ten pounds may be required.
- In terms of vision requirements, one must be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- In a secondary setting this position may work near moving mechanical parts. There is some exposure (30%) to fumes or airborne particles
This is an amazing opportunity for right person!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview based upon education and experience will be directly contacted for this Develpmental Chemist Opportunity. Feel free to reach out directly at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
ScienceView all jobs at Gpac
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?