CDL Driver - Farming Operations
- Expired: October 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
One of our top Agricultural Clients is seeking a dependable and organized CDL Truck Driver & Farm Hand who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina that enjoys being home every evening and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record. This individual will be performing other farm duties depending on the season and frequency of trips available.
CDL Truck Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit
- Transport goods from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organizes goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Make safety a priority at all times
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- 2+ years proven experience with CDL driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Farm Truck Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.