CDL Driver - Agricultural
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
One of our top Agricultural Clients is seeking a dependable and organized CDL Truck Driver & Farm Hand who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina that enjoys being home every evening and can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record. This individual will be performing other farm duties depending on the season and frequency of trips available.
CDL Truck Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit
- Transport goods from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organizes goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Make safety a priority at all times
CDL Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- 2+ years proven experience with CDL driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
If you would like to learn more about Ag opportunities, contact Kara Bylow with gpac at 605.791.7975 via text or call. My team at gpac is working on Ag opportunities all over the USA, please contact me if you would like to talk more about your relocation plans and the opportunities we are currently working on in those areas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Gpac