Business Intelligence Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business and Intelligence Analyst is responsible for building, implementing, and supporting reporting solutions for the government and civil/commercial business unit. The position will work in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing, and deployment).
Duties/Responsibilities of Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Use and follow best practices to generate accurate reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Develop, implement, maintain, and support a business intelligence strategy using Cognos products.
- Integrate and curate data from wide range of internal and external sources to develop detailed reports and dashboards
- Use data visualization tools to explain your results simply and succinctly to technical, non-technical, and senior audiences.
- Dissect and solve complex business problems using analytical and quantitative approaches to identify patterns and correlations in large, complex datasets and provide simple, elegant solutions.
- Oversee, coordinate, and facilitate requirements sessions, testing and defect resolution for data and reporting integrations.
- Coordinate report and analytics related tasks with business leads, stakeholders, business SME’s and vendor partners
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse and business intelligence concepts and best processes.
Qualifications of Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical
- Experience with installations and server support (Linux) required. Installations using IBM WebSphere a plus. Informatica or other BI Tools experience a plus
- Experience with documentation tools (Confluence, SharePoint)
- Ability to review customers requirements and come up with practical suggestions for improvements
- Ability to analyze and understand existing BI components (reports, data organization, ETL processes, etc.)
- Improve, develop, and support reporting systems
- Strong Deltek Costpoint writing skills desired
- Knowledge of government contracting a plus
- Ability to multi-task, support multiple customers/assignments, and adapt in a dynamic environment required.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong commitment to data integrity and internal customer service
- Background in Accounting Desired
- Support the development and training of Cognos power users within corporate business units
- Administer the publishing of all approved Cognos reports and cubes for company access
Background Requirements of Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative degrees.
- 2-5+ years in an analytical role utilizing analytical and reporting tools such as Power BI, Cognos, Tableau, etc.
- High level of skill in Dashboard/Metrics/KPI framework creation
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, organizational, analytical and leadership skills
- Strong Data Analytics skills including the ability to develop SQL queries as needed to support data collection and reporting.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principals, and practices
- Position will require in depth knowledge of Data Warehouse structures, data modeling, administration, and development of Cubes and reports concepts.
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted for this Business Intelligence Analyst role.
If you would like to learn more, please contact Jason Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 605-679-9941.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
AddressMary Esther, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Senior Analyst Business Intelligence jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.