- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Community Bank is in looking for a Accounting Manager to assist the Controller with the daily management of the Finance Department.
The person hired for this role will work directly with Controller to support all areas of the Finance Department. Teamwork, attention to detail, and a positive attitude to contribute to a fast-paced environment are must-haves for the interested candidates. This is NOT a remote position but only applicants with direct experience will be considered.
We offer competitive wages, benefits include paid vacation, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401K.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Manages and maintains responsibility for Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Prepaids functions.
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and filing of all regulatory reports including quarterly and annual regulatory reports.
- Manages the processes for reconciliations, journal entries, and monthly financial reporting items.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily and month-end entries to the general ledger.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects assigned by the CFO.
- Research new accounting guidance and helps implement changes in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assists in developing Finance Department policies and procedures and related documentation.
- Assists with internal and independent audit processes as required to ensure timely completion.
- Completes and submits tax forms 1099, use tax, and property tax assessments.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal controls over financial reporting requirements.
- Cross-trains in additional functions of the department.
For additional information on this opportunity contact Brenda Hoek directly at 605.705.4795. Resumes may be confidentially sent to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gpac
Get fresh Senior Accountant Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.