Govplace provides U.S federal government customers with the necessary insights to drive technology transformation. Govplace enables visibility and insight to transform, protect, and optimize agency infrastructure. We are a value-added reseller and systems integrator, exclusively focused on providing the public sector with best of breed technologies, services, and solutions. Our approach to designing and implementing secure IT transformation solutions is driven by our dynamic, people-first culture. We possess an expansive portfolio of contracting vehicles to deliver integrated product and service solutions that deliver exceptional mission results covering Cyber Security, Cloud Infrastructure, and Intelligent Performance monitoring.
The success of Govplace is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people within it. Our team creates and brings market-leading, transformative technology solutions to the Federal Government, and our goal is to support them in building an exciting and profitable career by providing opportunities for professional and personal growth, competitive benefits, and work/life balance. The people at Govplace help create the culture, and we hire individuals that will thrive in our environment of innovation, collaboration, intellect, and fun.
About the Role
Govplace is looking for a high energy, driven Account Manager who has federal sales experience to nurture and develop prospects which result in actionable leads for the company. The ideal candidate has experience in providing sales support to Account Executives and assist the Account Executives and Inside Sales team in all territory related efforts. They will develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers, core OEM’s and partners to increase sales of an organization’s products and/or services. The Account Manager will solicit and close business with assigned strategic accounts, generates sales quotations, and handles customer inquiries to increase sales of an organization’s products and/or services. Qualified candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work as a team player, and keep pace with a high-volume workload. (Remote work is accepted for this position.)
- Generate revenue by implementing Govplace’s sales strategy.
- Prospect, qualify and build new business opportunities for the account-based territory pipeline including setting appointments, generating quotes, and closing deals.
- Facilitate and manager renewals for the territory, dividing and conquering with Account Executives where needed.
- Handle all inbound leads for territory by qualifying, engaging OEM partners, and co-managing with Account Executives.
- Provide support to Account Executives in all account related efforts.
- Interface regularly with Account Executives to attain or exceed joint targeted gross profit quota through new business generation and sales support efforts.
- Build ongoing relationships and take proactive role in issue resolutions with Govplace customer accounts along with internal business operations teams.
- Maintain direct interaction with the customers and be there advocate throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities within designated government agencies.
- Proactively self-assess efficiency and accuracy of work being performed and recommend modifications to procedures in an effort to achieve continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of related government sales experience
- Experience in prospecting, cold calling and closing are essential for this role.
- Sales focused, responsive, creative, and proactive with the ability to analyze customer needs and identify solutions.
Great to Have
- Experience within a government contracting environment.
- Ability to think on their feet, use their business development skills to identify, qualify and build long-term profitable relationships with new and existing accounts.
Govplace is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Govplace, IncBethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.