GovernmentCIO is seeking an Test Strategist to support the Veterans Affairs Health Program Management Office (HPMO)focus development of a testing and data quality strategy to assess execution in a holistic manner. A qualified candidate requires experience in Software quality assurance testing (i.e. functional, regression, performance, etc.), development and implementation of testing strategies, creation and execution of test cases, and automation implementation. The desired individual must be a self-starter that is able to proactively conduct and coordinate testing activities, perform root cause analysis on issues, lead and coordinate activities through testing and Agile build cycles. The candidate must have the ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, and the ability to provide thought Testing strategy thought leadership in the space.
- Provide testing strategy & leadership within DevSecOps environment and Scaled Agile Framework
- Defines strategy for end to end testing strategy in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with developers, end users, analysts (both internal and external to the organization) to guide test plans and test scripts on the Agile Testing Matrix.
- Collaborate with product teams to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, optimization, automation
- Develop Test Driven Design strategy for Service Line to be used by product lines
- Drive continuous improvement of all test cases/scenarios and acceptance criteria across testing spectrum including UAT
- Adept at test automation with a variety of tools including, but not limited to Selenium, Apium, etc.…
- Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events
- Track problems and provide proactive resolution + reports on errors
- Develop and implement continuous software quality standards and processes within context of DevSecOps and SAFe
- Define and implement configuration standards + baselines necessary for hardware and operating environments as needed to achieve test goals
- Experience including, but not limited to the following environments: VistA, WAS/Azure Cloud and AITC
- Create and implement roadmap for test automation engineering and strategy
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise of Community Care IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Manage software testing for Continuous Delivery in all phases of the design-develop-test-release-maintain software life cycle (DevSecOps) to include: unit, integration, functional, end to end, performance, acceptance, load, and smoke testing
- Develop test plan strategy and load testing best practices.
- Define opportunities for exploratory testing and implement in collaboration with product teams to further continuous improvement
- Gather and report on code coverage and other DevSecOps test metrics for use by product line, service line and portfolio reporting
- Actively engage with product teams in CE phase to define acceptance criteria standards and definition of done
- Manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers.
Education Requirements: BS Degree -Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline
Years of Experience Required: 15+ (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE): Preferably Issued by The International Software Certification Board (ISCB)
- VA experience required (Preferred minimum 10 years)
- Expertise in DevOps required, DevSecOps preferred
- Configuration management experience required
- CE/CI/CD process experience and knowledge required
- Experience with Agile Product Management tools required
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with development, operations, product management and business stakeholders
- Configuration Management experience required
- Experience planning, implementing, and executing Agile software testing practices
- Experience building test script automation strategy and implementation plans
- Possess a clear understanding between functional and regression testing.
- Possesses excellent communication, presentation, analytical, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Tools & Software Experience:
- Experience with Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, and Rational Performance Tester software
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Information Technology Testing tools (e.g. SOAP UI).
- Proficiency in MS Visio desired (but not required)
Why Work Here?We help organizations simplify deployments and deliver capabilities faster. We use Agile approaches and governance to transition mission critical systems to the cloud. We lead large enterprise PMO and continuous improvement efforts.
Great company to work for. Helping to transform Government IT