Performs all aspects of facility maintenance and repair work on electrical equipment, air conditioning, heating systems, ventilation, exhaust systems, plumbing, and other related areas.
- Performs electrical maintenance and repair on pumps, motors, breakers, controls, and related areas.
- Performs plumbing maintenance and repair on water systems, boilers, heating systems, and related areas.
- Performs operational maintenance of boilers, chiller units, cooling towers, fire systems, BAS computer, and all HVAC equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance according to schedules and as directed.
- Performs other skilled maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, and testing equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and other employees.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Following instructions, both verbal and written.
- Read, understand, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacture’s recommendations of equipment.
- Safely operate hand tools, power-hand tools, and complete roof inspections required by assignments.
- Computer skills for record keeping in a computerized maintenance management systems
- Attend training as scheduled and/or required.
- Ability to perform each bullet point task in the position summary
- Communicate effectively in a positive, professional manner with coworkers, clients, and visitors
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Knowledge of acceptable maintenance procedures and understanding of occupational safety and health regulations.
- Five (5) years’ trades experience which includes repair and maintenance of buildings and related facilities.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Must have a high school diploma
- Facilities Management Experience
Additional Qualifying Factors
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Security Clearance Requirements
- It is mandatory that all Contractor personnel working onsite at federal facilities meet federal government security clearance standards. The Contractor shall submit security clearance information, for each employee, as required by current government identification card application procedures and future requirements as applicable.
- All employees must be authorized as acceptable under by the contracting officer for the prime contract under which this employee is working.