Senior Strategic Engagements Coordinator
The Senor Strategic Engagements Coordinator shall provide expert advice in executing all phases of Strategic Engagement Programs execution. The Senior Strategic Engagement Coordinator shall be assigned the additional duty of Task Lead (TL). The TL shall be responsible for interaction with the Government for this task order. The TL will oversee the day-to-day management and administration of contract personnel, project tasks, work plans, schedules, manage contract travel and surge hours, and interact continually with the Government COR and any appointed Technical Representatives (TR).
The Strategic Engagements Program provides USSOCOM and the broader Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise (Component and Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs)) multiple perspectives to bridge the gap between alternative modes of thinking and provides ways to support and enable human networks, and to shape relationships with foreign defense and law enforcement attaches, diplomats, military personnel, plus other experts and influential officials to address complex global problems. Strategic Engagements programs includes the Sovereign Challenge program, International Engagements and Senior Seminars, Warfighter Talks, J5 conferences and events to maintain relationships grounded in respect, rapport, trust and collaboration to promote the United States Government’s (USG) reputation and relevance within the international community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops, plans and coordinates the Strategic Engagements Program on matters related to nation state sovereignty including: militant extremism and the ideology that sustains this movement; territorial integrity; good governance, illegal drug trafficking; border security/border migration; narco-terrorism; global terrorist finance networks; irregular warfare, and diminishing natural resources on a global scale.
· Provide advisory support to the human rights vetting process.
· Builds content and structure to assist in the development of Strategic Engagements Program conferences, seminars, embassy visits, security-related diplomats’ engagements and J5 events.
· Provides expertise on broader strategy development, plans and policies pertaining to Strategic Engagement Programs for SOF Enterprise support to the Services and Geographic Combatant Commands.
· Prepares and presents concept papers that synthesize key elements of thinking and challenge the current strategic construct and must be suitable for publication in academic or national news outlets.
· Facilitate, participate, support, and attend meetings; build briefings; report results; and assist with follow-up on Strategic Engagements Program action items closure.
· Regularly performs as a public speaker at General Officer level programs, forums or events.
· Sustain the Strategic Engagements Programs virtual platforms for use internally and externally to share and distribute information, provide a historical reference and ensuring data is maintained in a readily readable format continuously updated and available to the government.
· Provide the Government with any lessons learned on task execution throughout the period of performance of the task.
· Create a monthly engagement/activity report that details all the engagement opportunities and activities that have been accomplished and the means (e.g. telephone, email, face to face). This report shall capture all facets of the Strategic Engagements Program.
· Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity that may be accessed by all stakeholders.
· U.S. Citizenship
· 3 years senior U.S. Foreign Service Officer, Chief of Mission/ Chargé d’Affaires experience – OR – 10 years’ experience as a US Government Foreign Service-1 Level Officer – OR– 3 years as a Political Advisor to a 4 Star Command coordinating international/interagency efforts across that Command’s Components
· MS degree in Humanities, Business, or Life Sciences (i.e. Political Science, Business, International Affairs, Journalism, Management, History, Leadership or Public Relations).
· 5 years combined expertise in Strategic Communications, Information Operations, Public Diplomacy, Political and/or Public Affairs within the past 10 years.
· Language proficiency level 2: French – OR – Spanish – OR – Arabic.
· 1 year experience supporting the execution of Congressional requirements under the Leahy Human Rights vetting process.
POSITION LOCATION: The physical work location will be accomplished in a United States Government (USG) provided workspace in and around the Tampa, Florida area.
TRAVEL: Travel is required to various CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations.
Employer offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position, including comprehensive medical insurance, paid time off, federal holidays, and a 401K matching with no vesting period. Employer also provides at, no cost to our employees, 50K in life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance coverage.
The position requires an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance or valid Department of State Top Secret level clearance.