SENIOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
The Senior Office Administrator shall support the INL Division of Design and Learning (INL/KM/DDL); the Continuing Education and Training Division (CET); and the Technical Advisory Division (INL/KM/TAD) in coordinating tasks, compiling, editing and ensuring submissions are compliant in accordance with taskers.
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
INL keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
The Office of Knowledge Management (INL/KM) is comprised of three divisions – the Division of Design and Learning (INL/KM/DDL), the Continuing Education and Training Division (INL/KM/CET), and the Technical Advisory Division (INL/KM/TAD). INL/KM facilitates technical advisory services to INL program offices, oversees the best-in-class program design approaches, including applying standard metrics to measure the impact of INL’s overseas programs, and using evaluations to learn from our foreign assistance programming; and develops training for INL employees as well as INL academies around the world. INL/KM works closely with all INL offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates tasks, such as the weekly report to the INL Bureau, welcome homes and any other INL/KM submissions across the three divisions, compiling, editing and ensuring submissions are compliant with the tasker.
• Clears tasks with division directors and office director before submitting them on behalf of the office.
• Tracks Executive Office and Front Office taskers for the INL/KM office, keeping a spreadsheet and updating the office director and division directors on progress.
• Develops tracking spreadsheets and other tools to track implementation of INL/KM programs across the three divisions.
• Liaises closely with staff in all three divisions, ensuring good relationships and smooth operations of office, especially in answering outside and within house taskings.
• Inputs purchase requests into the Ariba system and tracks them for INL/KM, notifying managers of issues or further actions that need to be taken.
• Acts as a backup on budget taskers, compiling input, and clearing documents with the division and office directors.
• Acts as a liaison for the INL/KM office with the Executive Office imbeds, when requested by division directors, tracking needed information, documents for clearance, etc.
• Works in a situation that permits or might permit access to confidential business information or other inherently governmental, sensitive information.
• Assists with INL/KM staff participation in training events, conferences, and other events that may be required on occasion.
• Serves as backup on time and attendance as needed
• Assists with E2 functions and other associated travel matters.
• Works with OMS staff to manage supplies and liaise with INL/EX/GSO, and IT offices.
• US Citizenship or legal US resident.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR;
• Four (4) years’ experience at the GS-11 equivalent or higher.
• Demonstrated ability to communication effectively orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Skill and ability in managing multiple concurrent activities of varying complexity, including changing priorities and short turn-around times
• Bachelor's from an accredited college or university in business or international relations.
• Graduate Degree from an accredited college or university in a Business, International Relations, or related field.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Prior demonstrated executive-level administrative experience
POSITION LOCATION: The physical work location is the INL/KM’s Office at Columbia Plaza (SA-1), 2401 E St. NW, Washington, D.C 20037.
TRAVEL: Travel is authorized; travel is in accordance with approval of the INL/EX/GAPP Division Chief.
BENEFITS: Employer offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position, including comprehensive medical insurance, paid time off, federal holidays, and a 401K matching with no vesting period. Employer also provides at, no cost to our employees, 50K in life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance coverage.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: A Secret security clearance is required for this position. However, the Administrator may begin work with an interim Secret security clearance.