The Program Manager (PM) manages and oversees the administrative and functional daily operations of the overall program’s mission, purpose and deliverable to the designated client. The PM will serve as a coordinator between multiple governmental assigned projects to achieve the overall objectives and goals of the client. The PM will serve as overall lead on the BPA and as the principle liaison between the Government and contractor. The PM will be the primary point of contact to facilitate communications, activities and deliverable between the government, client and contractor
This position serves as the Program Manager for a government agency that is focused on global engagement which includes partnering with foreign governments and other civil societies developing and implementing strategies to enhance US Government objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsive to all requirements from USGI, supporting employees, and the USG Client.
- Review and approve timesheets and expense reports.
- Maintain a minimum staffing level of 95%.
· Support recruiting efforts for new positions as well as for replacement candidates.
· Respond to all communications from the USG within the same business day.
· Accurately report staffing levels in the weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Attend routine and frequent meetings with Government customer in Washington, DC to discuss and brief on workload, contract performance, and emerging issues.
· Successfully on-board personnel including escorting new personnel to security briefings.
- Handle quickly and effectively contractor personnel issues.
· Hold and maintain all appropriate business licenses and work visas and comply with all respective county labor laws.
· Facilitate travel requests to include securing appropriate approvals and coordinating with the company’s travel agent.
· Devise or modify procedures to solve challenges between contractor, employees and client to ensure undisruptive and seamless support to government.
- Exercise quality control measures over contractor staff to deliver services and products on budget and schedule.
- Coordinate with Government customer for assignment of work schedules.
- Supervise contractor personnel, communicates policies, and organizational goals.
- Manage overall contract performance.
· Active Secret Security Clearance
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution related to International Affairs, Government relations, Public Affairs, or a related field.
· Demonstrated 10 years of Project/Program Management experience in support of USG requirements.
· Demonstrated 10 years of experience in managing Government contracts with professional and administrative support services
· Currently hold and maintain a Project Management Certification (PMP).
· Strong organization and interpersonal skills, with excellent oral and written communications skills.
· U.S. Citizenship
· Master’s Degree in International Affairs, Government Relations, Public Affairs, or a related field
· Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)
POSITION LOCATION: This position will primarily be comprised of telework. As required, to facilitate duties associated with this position such as directly supporting employees or meeting with US Government personnel, the PM will be required to report to a physical work location located in Washington, D.C., occasionally with little advance notice. Accordingly, the successful candidate must permanently reside in the National Capital Region.
Employer offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position, including comprehensive medical insurance, paid time off, federal holidays, and a 401K matching with no vesting period. Employer also provides at, no cost to our employees, 50K in life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance coverage.