Management Analyst - US Department of State
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Management Analyst serves as a member of the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL)/EX/BP team providing both administrative, logistical and analytical support that includes coordination, planning with other entities to include INL’s Office of Information Management (INL/EX/IM).
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support for Funding to International Organizations:
· Lead and manage the overarching clearance process for bilateral Letters of Agreement (LOAs).
· Coordinate the revision and clearance of LOA templates with INL Program Offices and the INL Executive Director.
· Analyze and determine the appropriate funding mechanism for implementing INL foreign assistance programming.
· Review and process LOAs, amendments, and diplomatic notes to ensure each package includes all required documentation, documentation adheres to template standards, is error-free, and ready for INL senior leadership review and signature.
· Address and resolve issues with LOA packages in coordination with INL Program Offices.
- Coordinate records management related to LOAs, including maintaining INL/EX/BP’s “How To” page on the INL SharePoint site.
- Maintain a database to track current and past LOAs, amendments, and diplomatic notes.
- Draft reports and provide data regarding LOAs to Bureau and Department leadership, Congress, and the audit community.
- Analyze Bureau trends related to Bureau funding for LOAs, including through the development of charts, graphs, and analytical memos.
- Assist with the coordination, planning, and updating of INL’s LOA tracking system “LTrack” including working with INL’s Office of Information Management (INL/EX/IM).
• US Citizenship
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of zero(0) to two(2) years’ experience at the equivalent GS-9 level
- an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of four years’ experience at the equivalent GS-9 level
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of players.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice, guidance, and consultation.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in team settings
- Experience in providing administrative and logistical support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the obligating mechanisms, namely LOAs or familiar with U.S. Embassy financial management processes.
- Strong interest in multilateral diplomacy, international organizations, transnational organized crime and drug control issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with the Department of State.
POSITION LOCATION: The physical work location is the INL/EX/BP office at State Annex 1 (SA-01), Columbia Plaza, 2401 E St. NW, Washington DC.
TRAVEL: Travel for this position is authorized.
BENEFITS: Employer offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position, including comprehensive medical insurance, paid time off, federal holidays, and a 401K matching with no vesting period. Employer also provides at, no cost to our employees, 50K in life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance coverage.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: A Secret security clearance is required for this position; however, the Analyst may begin work with an interim Secret security clearance.
Government ContractorWhy Work Here?
Universal Strategy Group, Inc. (USGI) is a highly respected company with great benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
BusinessView all jobs at Government Contractor