General Facilities Specialist (TS/SCI Required)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
General Facilities Specialist shall provide overall facility maintenance and building management services on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems. Provide functional expertise to coordinate and facilitate common maintenance trades such as electrical, painting, carpentry, furnishings, and plumbing with the ability to work independently to resolve problems associated with all building services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with tactical planning for the facilities team's goals and objectives.
- Assist with technical writing facility requirements documentation involving research and estimating.
- Recommend continuous quality improvement practices, demonstrating responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions.
- Oversee and schedule service calls to provide preventative maintenance and repair in accordance with frequencies as outlined in each call order.
- Survey facility conditions and submit work requests to the property management company and or the internal service portal for resolution.
- Provide security coordination and escort services to technical support personnel.
- Operation management of unique facilities including physical structures, utilities infrastructure, fire life safety and security access control systems, roadways and surrounding grounds.
- Operate automated Building Management System (BMS) software programs to restore or modify temperatures and reports alarm conditions.
- Review and evaluate customer requests for support and initiate service work requests and actions for government oversight review and approval.
- Prepare and justify budget requests based on plans for managing project cost and schedules, and project close out.
- Monitor utility consumption and provide monthly validation to support billing statements.
- Ensure all certification, safety, fire preventions, security program and mechanical control software requirements are met in the operations, plans for modification, or repair of facilities.
- Test and update emergency lighting, schedule and perform annual water and air quality tests.
- Inventory and store hazardous material outside of the facility and provide monthly reports on environmental liabilities.
- Conduct quality control inspections of work performed.
- Active TOP-SECRET Clearance and SCI Eligible.
- Bachelor's degree or Facilities Management certification, such as, BOMA, DAWIA, etc., is required.
- 10 years’ experience in civil engineering and facilities management and maintenance practices and procedures.
- Five  years’ minimum experience as a lead manager for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), in a facility at least 70,000 square feet in size.
- 3 years' experience acting in a supervisory role of a crew of mechanical, electrical technicians and general craftsmen involving the following operating systems: Electrical and mechanical infrastructure, operation, maintenance and repair programs, fire/life/safety programs, and landscaping operations management experience.
- Business and customer service-oriented acumen along with superior communications skills.
- Strong background in service work processes, planned maintenance programs, and assisting with contract documentation for facility service requirements.
USGI offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision benefits, life insurance, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, plus generous PTO offerings to include vacation/sick days, bereavement leave, and 10 paid Federal holidays.
Government ContractorWhy Work Here?
Universal Strategy Group, Inc. (USGI) is a highly respected company with great benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Real EstateView all jobs at Government Contractor