Construction Project Manager – Senior candidate needed in Huntsville, AL. We are accepting all qualified applicants willing and able to live within a commutable distance of our location.
This position will support FBI related construction projects that include design/build, architecture and engineering, space management, facilities management, real estate, and leasing of large and complex construction projects. This position description list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As required, provides on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
- Provides the leadership, oversight, and overall responsibility for the timeliness, completeness, and quality of multiple construction projects.
- Interfaces with clients to define requirements.
- Provides general oversight of many of the duties and tasks that must be accomplished in the construction and renovation of government real property.
- Able to manage a large multi-faceted project.
- Manages the Project Management Team by maintaining a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, the architect-engineers, construction contractors, and other contractors supporting the government. When required, delegates task’s and provides technical assistance to the team to include subordinate Project Managers-Mid Level or Assistant Construction Project Managers. Responsible for quality of work products and timeliness of delivery by those team members.
- Provides deep understanding and knowledge of each phase of the construction process, including architectural design and creations of development documents by architects and engineers. Communicates with project team, architects, clients, vendors of the products they are using, and subordinate staff.
- Oversees projects: tracking metrics, updating logs, leading meetings, confirming user needs, and ensures schedules are met.
- Prepares documentation, such as the scope of work, technical reviews, and miscellaneous reports.
- Develops charters, acts as a Change Agent Manager, responsible for accountability of project, defines roles and responsibilities, performs project tracking, adopts project management best practices, promotes customer involvement, applies lessons learned from recent projects, promotes good working relationships, enforces effective change control, developing contingency planning and providing recommended solutions, exemplifies project management development and manages project priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, engineering, architecture, or another related field.
- Professional certifications required, e.g., Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer (PE), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Registered Architect (RA).
- 15 years of experience managing multi-faceted projects. Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Superior communication and organization development skills; experience managing people. Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
- Expert in Microsoft Office and industry/project software packages, such as the latest versions of PM Prolog, Newforma, Microsoft Project, Primavera, RS Means, Buzz saw, or other cloud-based construction management protocols.