We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to become a part of our team! You will be required to perform a variety of engineering tasks, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operation efficiency.
- Perform engineering duties in the planning, prioritizing, organizing, controlling, reporting, evaluating and adjusting of facilities projects to support the DISA Headquarters Operation.
- Offer technical guidance and support to operations personnel regarding building equipment including but not limited to chillers, boilers, cooling towers, elevators, fire alarms and suppression systems, electronic controls and devices, HVAC equipment and communications equipment.
- Support other GCR Projects as needed.
- Prepare estimates and present proposals in conjunction with subcontractors which include but are not limited to: manpower, materials, equipment, tools, etc. as required for all government statements of work (SOW).
- Prepare estimates using R.S. Means Cost Works or other agreed upon methods for submittal in response to government SOW.
- Investigate equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations as to corrective action.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine and system malfunctions and failures.
- Perform as a resource to the Facility Operations Manager (FOM) in the execution of the Facility Preventive Maintenance (PM) Program. Primary lead in all major electrical PM work.
- Ensure that all work in which you are involved with and being performed by company trades and hired subcontractors is done in accordance with the current BOS contract, project specifications and applicable standards to include local, regional, national, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and/or accepted industry criteria.
- Submit reports, inspection requests, estimates and applicable monitoring reports as required.
- Provide technical support to all trades work groups at the project as needed.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the FOM to provide updates on various project and job status.
- Collaborate with other GCR management personnel in preparing progress reports and identification of potential cost reduction/savings.
- Lead project personnel in the execution and completion of defined projects.
- Initiate documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Responsible for the successful completion of the monthly emergency generator run test and the issuance of a complete and accurate post-test report.
- Responsible for the efforts and results of multi-functional teams.
- Responsible for the updating of all Red Line drawings as required per the contract.
- Works in a safe matter and is knowledgeable of PPE requirements, local, federal and national safety standards.
- Other work as may be directed by the FOM.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Submit to and successfully pass Pre-employment Drug Screening and a Background Check.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to effectively manage large facility infrastructure to include facility maintenance, technical program planning and implementation & contract interpretation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in English.
- Be able to constructively interact with Associates, Customers, Support Staff, Management and Corporate Staff.
- Able to work a non-traditional work week, to include evenings, weekends and/or Holidays as work demands and/or requested by the Facilities Operations Manager.
- Valid State Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Proficient in computer skills, to include the ability to use AutoCAD, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), and software systems (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Effectively use AutoCAD in the updating of facility plans, building files, engineering drawings and equipment lists - ensuring that all are current as required by the current BOS contract.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Instructional ability.
- Prior military experience.
- Experience working on Government Contracts.
- Experience using MAXIMO.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Protected Veterans Invited to Apply.