Senior Data Analytics and Data Warehouse Specialist (Remote)
- $145,000 to $150,000 Yearly
GovCIO is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Technical Lead - Database and Data Warehouse Specialist to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Compliance Risk and Remediation Directorate. In this role, the Senior Technical Lead will support the VA's Data Analytics and Performance Management group. You will work with your senior delivery lead, product operations, business analysts, data analysts, change managers, technical writers, and others to help drive data analytics and reporting services for the VA. Your lead role will be critical to ensuring we have a unified product management and delivery process across the different incubation projects. You will play a crucial role in the design, development, and optimization of our data systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will possess expertise in database management, data analytics, data warehouse architecture, and ETL processes. They will be experienced with and able to apply forward thinking approaches to solve complex business goals, understand and help determine VA priorities, and provide detailed process analysis. The environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving; flexibility and forward-thinking views are critical for success.
This is a fully remote position.
Analyzes existing data and analytics environments and develops roadmaps and implementation plans to transition to more productive and business focused data driven solutions. Recommends data analytics strategies including enterprise data warehousing, master data management, data quality, data governance, Big Data, business intelligence, visualization. Leads the conceptual design of enterprise data warehouse environments including the flow of data, data models and integration of data marts. Works with high-level customer stakeholders to drive direction of data management solutions.
- Develops data warehouse (DW) and business intelligence (BI) roadmaps and implementation plans in accordance with business priorities and information needs.
- May recommend tools and technologies to support DW/BI solutions.
- May recommend architecture for developing enterprise DW incorporating approaches for data sharing, data mart integration, data flow, ETL, and reporting and analytics.
- Guides the technical direction for the design and supports development of dimensional data models, ETL, BI Metadata, BI dashboards and reports, and visualization.
- May provide guidance for enterprise initiatives for data governance, metadata, data stewardship, data quality, master data management.
- May research and recommend new tools and techniques for data analytics solutions including incorporation of Big Data and real-time analytics and data discovery concepts.
- Create and optimize SQL queries for data retrieval and reporting purposes.
- Utilize MS SQL SSIS for seamless integration and transformation of data.
- Implement C# scripting tasks to enhance ETL processes and data manipulation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues, ensuring the stability of the data infrastructure.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies, best practices, and trends in data management, analytics, and warehousing.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members, fostering their professional growth and skills development.
- Embrace Agile SAFe and Scrum methodologies to facilitate effective project planning, execution, and adaptation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proven experience (15+ years) as a Senior Data Consultant, Database Administrator, or similar role.
- Strong proficiency in database management systems such as MS SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Expertise in data warehouse architecture and concepts, including schema design, indexing, and performance optimization.
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools and processes, especially MS SQL SSIS, ensuring data quality and reliability.
- Proficiency in C# scripting tasks for enhancing ETL processes and data manipulation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure tools, including Azure Data Lake, Data Pipelines and Data Factory, for data processing and management.
- Advanced skills in data analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, QlikView) to extract actionable insights from data.
- Solid understanding of data security and compliance standards.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead projects, work independently, and collaborate within a team environment.
- Familiarity with Agile SAFe and Scrum methodologies for effective project management.
- Continuous learner with a passion for staying updated with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proficiency in Python programming language with experience in PySpark, NumPy, and TensorFlow.
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions (e.g., Azure Synapse Analytics , AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery,).
- Experience with DevSecOps.
- Relevant certifications in database management, data analytics, Agile, or Scrum.
Clearance Required: Suitability/Public Trust
GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things - for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range
USD $145,000.00 - USD $150,000.00 /Yr.
4000 Legato RoadFairfax, VA
Get fresh Senior Data Analytics and Data Warehouse Specialist (Remote) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.