Continuous Monitoring Cyber Security Engineer (Zero Trust)
- $108,310 to $160,000 Yearly
GovCIO is hiring a Continuous Monitoring Cyber Security Engineer (Zero Trust) in Washington, DC. This position has a hybrid location work schedule.Responsibilities:
- Provide cybersecurity continuous monitoring support of the network(s), systems, and users using a variety of client-approved tools (including Archer GRC) and resources (for example, but not limited to the following: Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus, Core Impact, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Develop automated dashboards to visualize cyber risk through cyber “heat maps”.
- Support the design and implementation of the client provided Privileged Access Management (PAM) system. Troubleshoot where necessary and install and develop new plug-ins and connectors for PAM solutions.
- Support the design and implementation of client selected endpoint security tools to include research, analysis, design, implementation, and documentation of new configurations to improve Zero Trust maturity and reduce cyber risk.
- Develop, design, and maintain dashboards and analytics with client provided tools and integrate with existing governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) tools to collect, refine, and prepare data for analytics and visualization.
- Provide engineering and administration of a Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders, and Splunk Enterprise Security premium app, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
- Identify and onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends in the data. Edit and maintain Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Recommend, install, configure, operate, and maintain client-approved IT security tools and applications to support overall information assurance activities necessary to protect systems in the customer environments.
- Identify anomalies in the operational environment based on data gathered through continuous monitoring.
- Provide metrics and track all monitoring efforts on a recurring basis or as requested by the client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a computer related field with 8+ years (or commensurate experience)
- 8 years experience working in an enterprise infrastructure security and engineering role.
- Previous experience (at least 2 years) with performing security engineering in a cloud environment, specifically supporting AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS architectures.
- Experience with Nessus, Tenable Security Center, Amazon Cloud, Splunk and CyberArk.
- Strong familiarity with NIST 800-53 and FedRAMP requirements.
- Knowledge of eGRC applications such as RSA Archer.
- Familiarity with Tableau and Tanium.
- Ability to review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for security infrastructures, vulnerabilities and networking at scale.
- Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Dashboard creation experience using Tableau or similar tools
GovCIO is a team of transformers--people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things - for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.Posted Salary Range: USD $108,310.00 - USD $160,000.00 /Yr.
Govcio LLCWashington, DC
Get fresh Continuous Monitoring Cyber Security Engineer (Zero Trust) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.