We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative graphic designer to join our team! We are the world’s first Urban Intelligence platform. Our web-based platform combines thousands of curated data sets, models, and powerful analytics with a SimCity-for-real scenario building toolset to answer questions and provide insights to government, enterprise and academic institutions in urban planning, finance, mobility, sustainability, policymaking, healthcare, and disaster preparedness. We are focused on improving cities the world over. This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup with enormous potential to make an impact.
You will be a key member of our design team, helping develop the brand into a globally-recognized thought-leader in urban planning and location intelligence software. Our growing team is on a mission to deliver intuitive, seamless product design showcased via a best-in-class brand.
- You will work closely with members of our marketing, product, and support teams to:
- Develop and maintain standards of visual excellence.
- Find creative and compelling ways to communicate the value and features of our product to a variety of users.
- Prepare assets and graphics for a wide range of media, including our marketing website, emails, print collateral, conference displays, ads, and more.
- Support our customers through consistent visual communication in product guides, how-to’s, and other forms of help documentation.
- 3-5 years of experience in design, developing brand and marketing materials for digital product companies
- Degree in graphic, interaction, or product design, or other design-related fields
- Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, InVision, or comparable visual design and prototyping tools
- Communicator and collaborator: you are able to convey your design concepts, work with multiple stakeholders on ideas, and channel feedback with ease
- Bias towards action: once you’ve sketched out an idea, you find the fastest path to gain traction and begin executing
- Scrappy and creative: you have a strong ability to create whatever assets are needed quickly, while still pushing the boundary on new ideas to try with the resources of a smaller company
- Craftsmanship: you have the ability to sweat the details and achieve thoughtful, high-quality outputs
- Demonstrated curiosity for the urban environment and care deeply about improving the lives of people in cities
- Experience in cartographic design or data visualization
- Experience in front-end web development
- Experience in animation, video editing, or photography
- Experience conducting and guiding studies using methods such as user/usability testing, online A/B testing, and quantitative analytics, to improve engagement with our brand and product
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Bachelor's degree or better in a related field
- Front-End web development / Data Visualization