River Forest, IL - Fire Chief
GovHR USA River Forest, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Village of River Forest, IL “Proud Heritage • Bright Future” (11,172) is a suburban village adjacent to Chicago in Cook County, Illinois who is home to two universities, Dominican University and Concordia University Chicago, is seeking a full-time Fire Chief to lead a full-service organization. River Forest Fire Department is consistently working to achieve and/or maintain the highest level of professionalism and efficiency on behalf of those it serves. The Fire Chief is the executive in charge of overseeing the fire/EMS operations of the Village as well as the Emergency Management operations. The River Forest Fire Department is an all-risk Fire Department that provides services in fire suppression, emergency medical services (advanced life support), rescue services, fire prevention, hazardous materials, public education, and disaster mitigation.
- The Department operates three 24-hour shifts with one Lieutenant and five firefighters per shift.
- Apparatus including two engines, one truck and one ambulance respond out of a single station located at the Village complex on Park Avenue.
- In addition to the 18 firefighters and officers on shift, the department administration includes the Fire Chief, Fire Marshal, and a Lieutenant to coordinate training.
- The department has a budget of $4.93 Million for fiscal year 2021.
- In 2020 the department responded to 2,085 fire/EMS and other emergency and service-related calls.
- Personnel on the department belong to AFFI/IAFF Local 2391 through the rank of Lieutenant.
- The Village is a member of the West Suburban Consolidated Dispatch Center (WSCDC), which is housed at the River Forest Village Hall.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
“Innovative, Dynamic and Visionary Leader”
- An experienced and collaborative fire/EMS leader with demonstrated managerial, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- A strong communicator with all facets of a modern fire/EMS provider with a complex but manageable structure.
- An individual committed to the process of continuous improvement through study, data analysis, risk taking, and follow through.
- Steady, Approachable, and Dependable.
- A commitment to the organization with a genuine confidence and approachability to residents, business, and governmental leaders featuring strong communication skills.
- A Fire Chief that is an integral and engaged leader, with a strong background in modern fire, EMS, emergency management, and all hazards practices.
- A Fire Chief that understands the need to use data for problem solving and community risk reduction efforts.
- The ability to mentor and foster leadership roles within the staff, succession planning, and a global vision of the community’s needs are critical. Creativity and the ability to guide and balance change is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in labor-relations, preferably in a collective bargaining environment, succeeding through challenges and difficult situations.
- Strong budget skills supported by conservative fiscal management.
- A leader capable of building strong, collaborative relationships with other agencies and institutional partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science, Public Administration, Business Management, or similar discipline required, a Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of related experience with at least five years of supervisory experience in a chief officer rank or executive role is required.
- Leadership experience in collective bargaining desired.
- Other additional qualification includes: a graduate of the National Fire Academy Executive Fire Officer (or enrolled with a specific completion date), Chief Fire Officer Designation (or in process with a specific completion date), or similar certifications.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The starting salary for this position is $126,925-171,109 +/- DOQ. The Village of River Forest provides excellent health and retirement benefit options.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should apply by September 3, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com (applications must be electronic on the website). Questions may be addressed to the attention T.E Sashko, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: (847)388-3240 x123. The Village of River Forest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here for Brochure
Posted:Jul 29, 2021
Powered by JazzHR
AddressRiver Forest, IL
GovernmentView all jobs at GovHR USA