Biomedical Technician II - Madison WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GovFirst is currently seeking a Biomedical Technician II to support our client directly at the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital.
- Associates of Science Degree, preferably in Information Technology, Biomedical Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Healthcare Information Technology
- Certifications Network + or Security +
- Server Maintenance Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in computer hardware and/or software installation in relation to healthcare
- Direct work experience with Windows Operating Systems, client and/or server
- Work experience with Linux or Windows operating system preferred
- Familiarity with electronic health record – preferably CERNER
- Experience assessing vulnerability announcements and implementing patches and/or other compensating cybersecurity controls
- Understanding of LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) operation and protocols
- Works with manufacturers to implement configurations, patches, and best practices surrounding each device.
- Investigates and resolves software issues on medical devices when appropriate.
- Performs periodic maintenance activities and hardware and/or software installs and upgrades.
- Evaluation of hardware and software applications as it relates to medical devices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and reasoning abilities
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions in both routine and complex situations
- Ability to adapt and change based on circumstances
- Ability to work with and interact with employees, clients, prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, and guests
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work with a high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- A two-year associate degree or higher in an applied science or equivalent military training.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, planned maintenance, and repair service on various medical equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements, industry regulatory requirements and International Standard Organization standards.
- Familiarity with the setup and application of test equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical literature, schematics, and drawings.
- Level I Experience - A minimum of one year of hospital or healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance.
- Level II Experience - A minimum of three years of hospital or healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance.
Level III Experience - A minimum of five years of hospital or healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance.
HealthcareView all jobs at GovFirst