Please note: Applicant must reside within California to be considered for this opening.
Since 1960, Gouvis Engineering has established a legacy devoted to producing the highest quality of engineering design services to the commercial and home building industry. We feel privileged to provide services that collectively create the communities we live in. Our shared interests and team building activities help us develop relationships that strengthen our bonds and create a space where trust and teamwork are at the pulse of our office culture.
Please be advised, this is not an entry level position. We are seeking a Structural Engineer with 3-5 years of experience in the building industry designing residential and/or commercial projects.
· Provide structural analysis and design of residential and commercial projects – both new construction and rehabilitation/remodel of existing structures
· Provide analysis and design of structural landscape features
· Coordinate with architects, contractors and building officials throughout the various project stages
· Prepare structural calculations including seismic analysis
· Competitive pay and benefits packages
· Paid sick time and vacation time
· New state of the art office with indoor basketball court, employee gym and employee lounge; located blocks away from the Irvine Spectrum
· Monthly and biweekly team building activities
· Collaborative work environment with career advancement opportunities
· Modified work schedule: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00pm / Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
· Must reside within California
· Bachelor of Science or greater in Civil/Structural Engineering
· Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in a Structural Engineering role in the building industry
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Must be proficient in CAD, Revit experience is a plus