Entry level position in a fast pace food manufacturing plant. QC tech are responsible for daily performance of routine food safety and quality activities as they relate to USDA, FDA, HACCP, SSOP, GMP and other manufacturing operations of the facility.
- Recognize food products and raw materials needed for food preparation.
- HACCP and GMP monitoring and implementation.
- Pre-operational and Operational inspections.
- Ensuring all corporate procedures are being followed.
- Calibration of equipment including thermometers, IR guns, scales.
- Record and document review, collection and filing.
- Product label printing and verification.
- Preform and/or collect samples for microbiological analysis.
- Effective communications with inspectors and personnel.
- Ability to work in a cold, wet or hot environment on a daily basis.
- Ability to appear for work on time.
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and customers if applicable.
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to perform under pressure and hectic environment.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Fluent in English, bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Basic math and computer skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Team player
Working conditions/Physical requirements
- Cold and wet production areas
- Work an 8 hour shift and some overtime as needed
- Stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 20 lbs