Manages the sale of products domestically and/or internationally. Under the direction of others, ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through planning, deployment and management of the internal activities that support the commercial effort. Establishes and maintains a strong consultative relationship with customers.
Up to 25% domestic/international travel time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under direct supervision identifies objectives, strategies and plans to execute on business development activities through a complete understanding of the market.
2. Utilizes a wide range of tools and methodologies to evaluate market conditions and trends to realize sales opportunities.
3. Executes on sales forecasts by others.
4. Actively coordinates with the technical community to ensure that the product will be developed to meet the customer's product specifications.
5. Fulfills all regulatory requirements of the product.
6. May be the key point of contact to the customer, building and maintaining a strong account management relationship.
7. Regularly creates and delivers sales reports on forecasting, profitability, etc.
8. Assists in product pricing and sales negotiations.
9. Prepares and delivers technical sales presentations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Textile Engineering.
5+ years of related experience in selling textile chemistries, or working in textile or fiber manufacturing.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Foreign language skills (ex. Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Spanish, etc) may be required depending on sales territory.