Custom Rehab Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Custom Rehab Representative
The Custom Rehab Representative’s responsibilities include ensuring that all assigned rehab orders are processed quickly and accurately to ensure the client’s mobility needs are met. Serves as the primary point of contact for all rehab orders. Responsible for review of medical documentation, submission, and follow-up of prior authorizations.
- Answers incoming calls from clients, therapists, payers, and Assistive Technology Professionals (ATPs).
- Processes new order intakes efficiently and effectively.
- Collects and reviews order documents to include Functional Mobility Evaluation (FME) and Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN), and reviews other medical documentation for accuracy and medical necessity.
- Communicates with all staff involved in order processing to allow for the most effective flow of orders being processed.
- Conducts research of related equipment on vendor websites.
- Maintains knowledge of all products and services that AdaptHealth provides.
- Obtains medical documentation for required funding approval using telephone, fax, and email.
- Responds to all internal and external customers in a prompt and professional manner.
- Communicates effectively with branch employees about order processing.
- Supplies support for various business processes and innovations including departmental standard operating procedures.
- Submits for prior authorization with all required documentation to the proper funding source.
- Maintains consistent follow-up on the status of all prior authorization requests.
- Reviews authorizations from the payer to decide approved/denied items.
- Calculates estimated copay based on current insurance benefits.
- Communicates with supervisor in orders to issues or changes with payer
Competency, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Solid ability to learn innovative technologies and have the technical aptitude needed to understand the flow of data through systems as well as system interaction.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High school diploma required; associate degree preferred
- One (1) year of work-related experience in health care, administration, insurance, claims, billing, or other related industry
AdaptHealth is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.
Gould's Discount Medical an AdaptHealth company
At AdaptHealth we offer full-service home medical equipment products and services to empower patients to live their best lives – out of the hospital and in their homes. We are actively recruiting in your area. If you are passionate about making a profound impact on the quality of patients’ lives, please click to apply, we would love to hear from you.
3901 Dutchman's LaneLouisville, KY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gould's Discount Medical an AdaptHealth company