We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Project Manager to manage various utility projects throughout NJ.
The successful candidate will be based out of the clients office and support their upper management as well as manage a small team of professionals. The job responsibilities include land acquisition, property purchase, and relocation. The candidate must have experience in negotiating, deed and title review, document drafting and comfort working in databases.
- Acquire property and easements for the Client by meeting and coordinating with project managers; prepare and maintain property log and update sheets; review legal descriptions and depictions; order and review ownership and encumbrance reports; review titles and related legal documents; prepare value findings; determine if an appraisal is necessary; prepare letters and legal documents; prepare joiners and working with purchase price and coordinate closing with the title company; review returned documents to ensure easement; attend closing when applicable
- Work with coordination team to order and pick up checks from accounts receivable, prepare transmittal letters; provide copies of all documents and upload into internal databases; and arrange to have permanent easements recorded.
- This position is intended to need minimal supervision of training by the Real Estate Manager. The position will be directly located in the Client’s office and will require the agent to work directly with the Client personnel on a daily basis.
- A bachelor’s degree is desirable. Requires five years of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of real estate principles, related legal practices and procedures, and survey/mapping normally acquired through college level courses or through IRWA. Experience involving any combination of the following: management of distribution and transmission land rights, fee purchase, lease or license management, title examination, survey or legal description writing. Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have knowledge of real estate statutes, rules, civil codes and local government regulations pertaining to the acquisition or management of rights-of-way, licenses, permits and other land rights.
- Requires the ability to use the following programs GIS, Outlook, Excel, and WORD.
- Strong analytical ability and good judgment based on experience is required.