Team Lead - Localization Buying
Gorillas New York, NY
- Expired: April 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Gorillas: We are Gorillas and on a mission to redefine convenience retail. With our ten minute grocery deliveries we are disrupting the supermarket space, one of the biggest markets still in the hands of traditional players. We are a rapidly growing startup and are currently building an outstanding team with skilled members across all domains and backgrounds. We focus on building a diverse and inclusive company culture and aim to become a global leader in on-demand retail. Come join us on this journey.
We are looking for a Localization Buying Lead to help drive our localization strategy nationally in all of our key markets. Reporting directly to the Head of Buying & Marketplace, your primary responsibility is to drive the team that will generate local partnerships in all of our metro areas to add a local flare and relevancy to the assortment.
As one of the early members of Gorillas, you will have a significant role in shaping the direction of our business and category.
- Lead a team of Localization Buyers focused on building the pipeline of local suppliers and distributors
- Set the goals and strategic direction for local partnerships in our metro markets
- Create a strategy for how we will drive awareness throughout our customer experience for our local partnerships
- Work closely with our marketing and site merchandising teams to ensure share of voice for local brands/products
- Work closely with the national branded buying teams to ensure a cohesive strategy + approach for our categories
- Drive strategic buying decisions across all markets with data-driven insights
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from our other markets
- Optimize shelf space to maximize revenue per order and reduce cannibalization across categories
- Train, develop, and coach team members to drive personal growth
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Merchandising or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Grocery Buying / Category Management
- Advanced knowledge in category management and/or product development
- Ability to effectively manage negotiations and conduct category management
- Demonstrated leadership abilities within grocery retail
- Traveling throughout the country up to 50% of the time to assess markets and establish partnerships
- Experience in a start-up environment - Grocery / Food & Beverages ideal
- Established network of suppliers, distributors and retailers in the food space
What we offer:
- Steep learning curve from day one
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of: we are growing fast, which means that the opportunities at Gorillas are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies and a high career growth trajectory at Gorillas
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Gorillas