Personal Injury Paralegal
- Over a month ago
- $35,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical,
Small but busy law firm in search of an experienced personal injury paralegal. Employer looking for thick skinned dedicated and ambitious candidates to join a dynamic team.
Duties include, but not limited to
- Reviewing relevant state laws on personal injury
- Interviewing clients about their injuries
- Gathering medical reports
- Getting insurance information from the defendant
- Assisting in preparing settlement demands.
- Drafting letters and correspondence
- FOIA Requests
- Obtaining and organizing documentation required at different stages of the case
- Coordinating Investigator to obtain photos of scene and witnesses statements when needed
- Processing PIP/Medpay
- Obtaining prior injury/medical and claims/lawsuits history
- Reviewing all medical records
- Maintaining regular contact with clients
- Notice letter to Medicare/Medicaid and lienholders
- Developing harms and losses with clients
- Monitoring receipt and processing of a demand
- Preparing closing statements
- Checking account balances
- Processing disbursement
- Performs other essential functions necessary for the success of the practice
The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of experience working in a law firm setting. A Bachelor’s Degree and/or the successful completion of an accredited paralegal program is a plus, but not required.
This position requires the ability to multi-task, prioritize, follow direction in detail and coordinate all functions of a case with the attorney. While maintaining professionalism and excellent client-relations skills, paralegals are expected to manage all aspects of a case including, but not limited to, primary contact for all involved parties, use of case management system, evaluation of medical records and investigation, and preparation of court and settlement documents. Ability to handle personal injury files from initial intake to final demand. Ability to independently draft and filing all necessary District and Circuit Court pleadings. Must have excellent skills in communication, writing, typing, filing, scanning, faxing and organization.
Must have prior Personal Injury experience.
Efficient Microsoft Office, including Word (advanced), Adobe Acrobat/Power PDF Advanced, Excel, and Outlook.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent research, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work under time constraints and pressure
- Good computer skills
- Self starter
- 2+ years of personal injury paralegal experience.
- Litigation experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, deliver results, and maintain quality while working under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with a broad range of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Foreign language skills are a plus but not required.
If you believe you would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a passionate team, please reply with your resume.
Gore & Kuperman PLLC
4160 Chain Bridge RoadFairfax, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?