Are you detailed orientated and enjoy working in systems? Gordon Food Service has the role for you as a Product Data Specialist!
Product Data Specialist are responsible for completing new item creation and control activation of inventory products in data management system while conducting system maintenance of specific item fields. In addition, this position provides support for accurate management of product data associated with promotional campaigns and customer launches and with item life cycle activities including related reporting.
We currently have 2 roles available: 1 serving our Canadian business and the other will cover our US business
Duties you will fulfill:
Communication & Relationship-Building
- Challenges noncompliant content, collaborates with customers on solution options, and determines acceptable composition prior to activation.
- Drives compliance resolution of invalid, incomplete, or inaccurate data content with internal customers.
- Assists and supports internal customers on workflow process and navigation, GDSN, and set-up questions.
- Updates data management system with new item data and makes item field revisions in accordance with corporate standards and protocol.
- Leads item activation, validating that all defined process steps have been appropriately completed prior to activation.
- Determines new attribute and brand abbreviations and maintains cross-reference table.
- Provides support for accurate management of product data associated with promotional campaigns and customer launches, and with item life cycle activities including related reporting.
- Provides support for other item or data quality related projects as necessary.
- Responsible for continuous improvement related to core data quality, or efficiency; improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Associate’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, English or related field preferred.
- One to two years of previous food service or marketing experience.
- Microsoft Excel experience (i.e. VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables) and Google Documents (sheets, email, etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to speak French would be a huge PLUS for our Canadian business!
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.