The Registration Services and Data Assistant is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, consistency, and proper data processing of student academic registration records, and reports directly to the Campus Registrar. This position is located in Roxbury, MA and will pay in the $30K range.
- Must possess a developed sense of administrative office functioning, clerical, communications and data management skills
- The person should possess experience that demonstrates the ability to deal constructively with staff, students, and with the general public
- Clear recognition of the significance of confidentiality in day-to-day activities.
- At least three (3) years of experience as an administrative or Office assistant in an academic setting is preferred.
- Previous experience using the learning management system (LMS) software, Canvas, as a student or to create instructional materials strongly preffered.
- Registration of New Students: Assists the Registration Office by implementing processes for timely, thorough, and orderly registration of all new students of GCTS Boston - CUME campus.
- Assist the Registration Office with organizing major campus events including: Orientation, Convocation and Formation (OCF); New Student Orientation (NSO); Other academic and campus events designated by the Registrar and/or Campus Dean’s Office.
- Registration and Advising of International Students: Assist the Registration Office by providing oversight as the Designated School Official (DSO) for processing new and returning international students.
- Data and Lists: Generates reports regularly to assist the Registration Office with student registration and matriculation services, and updates pertaining to registration data, course data, student file completion, term enrollment, matriculation, and registration data related to all academic programs at the Boston campus, and other reports as requested by the Registrar and/or Campus Dean’s office.
- Internal Exchange of Data: Ensure adequate inter-office communications and the accuracy of information/data from within and between the Registration and the Campus Dean’s Office, involving the use of the CAMS data system and other software information management systems.
- Process scholarships from diverse programs to students.
- Inactive Student: Support processes for inactive students, including using in-person, online, and phone communications for recruitment, including attending special events and informational sessions.
- Provide Support to Alumni Association of GCTS Boston - CUME Campus.
- Assist with other duties as deemed necessary by the Registrar and/or Campus Dean’s office.