Job Req ID: JR-40039611
To Apply to this job, click here
Goodyear. More Driven.
As the Assistant Manager you will be responsible for partnering with the Center Manager to effectively run the center. This will include working to maximize sales and minimize costs working towards AOP goals, motivate associates to achieve a high standard of customer service in order to grow sales and profitability, assist with the resolution of complaints, staffing, customer service, and safety, assume lead role when manager is out, and engage in career training and development efforts. You will also be responsible for developing, merchandising, billing, creating invoices, controlling assets, and promotion of products and services. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Center Manager in the management of the location.
- Direct the activities of the store in the absence of the center manager. This will include managing associates in an effective manner to attain sales results in achieving profit objectives by increasing sales and market share.
- Assist the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing associates.
- Assist the sales and service departments.
- Operate the center in the absence of the center manager. This will include compliance with company standards in operating procedures, policies, and protection of assets including but not limited to inventory, accounts receivable, trucks, and equipment.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide "Service Excellence, Always" to meet the sales and service goals of the location and needs of the customer.
- Communicate specific work assignments and responsibilities to associates.
- Assist the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels with qualified personnel.
- Assist with managing safety, health, and environmental issues.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Ability to relocate based on the needs of the business and personal development for the role.
- One year of previous management experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in related field.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call the number below.
To Apply to this job, click here