Our client is actively seeking an experienced Sous Chef for their location in Dutchess County. This person will run the kitchen under the direction and guidance of the Exec Chef. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to grow into an Exec Chef role at this location.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Participate in line checks, inventory, scheduling and additional tasks assigned by the Exec Chef or owner
- Train and mentor hourly team members to ensure everyone is receiving outstanding training and development opportunities
- Adhere to the core values and enhance the company culture at all times
- Financial responsibility to include P&L, cost control strategies, menu costing and labor cost management
Sous Chef Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with no more than three jobs in the last 5 years
- Experience in a polished, upscale restaurant
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems
- Strong leadership qualities
- Must be fanatical about cleanliness and food safety
Sous Chef Benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Obtainable bonus structure
- Full benefits package including Health/Dental
We/Our Client are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, We/Our Client do not discriminate against qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records.
DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match.
SUPPORT: As a job seeker, there are no fees - we are here to support and assist you in finding that successful long-term match. We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand-tailored process that does not waste their time.
See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website: