Product Safety Engineer/Program Manager
Goodwin Recruiting Modesto, CA
- Posted: April 14, 2021
Our client is a heavy industrial manufacturing company looking to expand their engineering team. They are currently looking for a Product Safety Engineer/Program Manager.
The Product Safety Engineer/Program Manager position requires an organized, motivated individual with a well-developed team spirit to shape and drive the activities of the company s product safety program.
Product Safety Engineer/Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify and interpret applicable standards and regulations.
- Communicate product safety status to company leadership.
- Evaluate man-machine interactions for potential sources of accidents, injuries, or illnesses.
- Review written materials for safety content, accuracy, and clarity.
- Develop appropriate safety messages to be placed on machines, manuals, and marketing materials.
- Work with product development personnel to identify measures to minimize the risk of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to products.
- Participate in design reviews and provide regulatory input to development teams.
- Investigate and evaluate injuries, accidents, or claims involving company equipment.
- Serve as a company representative in the event of external product liability investigations and/or legal actions.
- Maintain product safety-related records and record system.
Product Safety Engineer/Program Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical, Industrial, or related Engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in product safety working with product safety processes and engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license (preferred, but not required) in Mechanical Engineering.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Goodwin Recruiting