Plastics Engineer - Program Manager
Goodwin Recruiting East Syracuse, NY
- Posted: July 02, 2021
PLASTICS ENGINEER PROGRAM MANAGER
Hands-on position is responsible for medium scale automobile part manufacturing systems involving: plastic molding, articulated arm, machine tool tending, and similar equipment. Ensure designs, modifications, and support activities are completed on time and under budget and meet specifications.
PLASTICS ENGINEER PROGRAM MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with product specifications to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials and establish acceptable performance standards
- Establish fabrication cycles, define pre- and post-fabrication product processes
- Prepare or assign engineering change requests, engineering change notices, bills of material, engineering specifications, and customer submittals
- Direct the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products and conduct analysis and verification of results
- Drive failure modes, effects analyses (FMEAs), and design reviews
- Provide leadership and training within the Engineering group to accomplish the company goals and objectives and instill a cross-functional team concept
- Drive projects to completion on time and on-budget
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to ensure that optimal product performance, specifications, features, and data are clearly communicated
- Interface directly with shop employees to clarify questions on drawings and designs
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues
- Define processes utilizing best practices while driving continuous improvement
PLASTICS ENGINEER PROGRAM MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in a technical field, and three to five years in an industrial automation manufacturing environment.
- Previous success with plastic processing
- Previous automotive program management experience
- Experience with APQP, PPAPs, and FMEAs
- Excellent communication skills; gets along well with others
PLASTICS ENGINEER PROGRAM MANAGER BENEFITS:
- Company offers a high visibility opportunity with a wide career path.
- Benefits package provides paid family leave, holidays and vacation time, 401K and FSA savings plans, choice of healthcare plans, life insurance and continuing education assistance.
AddressEast Syracuse, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Goodwin Recruiting