We are seeking a proven and dedicated Golf Club Assistant General Manager for our award-winning private golf course. The ideal candidate will bring significant and recent private club management experience and an extensive high-end food and beverage background.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for the success of all club facets with a strong emphasis on the food and beverage department day-to-day operations
- Develop and maintain genuine relationships with all members and their guests
- Develop marketing, sales, and promotional strategies to grow the business and overall profitability including sales of meeting rooms, private dining events, and member outings
- Work with the Executive Chef to provide exceptional cuisine in a proficient and memorable manner while consistently meeting or exceeding financial goals
- Assist in the annual budgetary process and relentlessly manage to agreed-upon desired results
- Assume responsibility as the Manager-on-Duty during all meal periods ensuring food and service standards are maintained.
Assistant General Manager Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in a multi-department management role at a private golf club
- Strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial acumen and significant P&L management experience
- Professional appearance; quality verbal and written skills
- Strong wine background including the comfortability with curating a wine list and training staff accordingly
- B.A. or B.S. with an emphasis in Hospitality or Culinary is a plus
Assistant General Manager Benefits
- Health & dental insurance
- Continuing education contribution
- Golf privileges & pro-shop discounts
We/Our Client/Our Clients are equal opportunity employers. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, We/Our Client/our clients do not discriminate against qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records.
DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match.
SUPPORT: As a job seeker, there are no fees - we are here to support and assist you in finding that successful long-term match. We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand-tailored process that does not waste their time.
See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website: