Director of Nursing (DON)
Goodwin Recruiting Towson, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a true leader to join a caring team of professionals and to be a part of, and to reinforce our people-first culture. We care for our residents and patients, and also our staff.
Director of Nursing Education
- Must possess valid RN License in the state of Maryland.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Must have, as a minimum six (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Experience Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care Center, or other related health care Center
Director of Nursing Specific Requirements
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and " team" concept
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work with and supervise other personnel
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle more " difficult" residents
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident s condition
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Director of Nursing Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language and be understood
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this Center, which include a medical and physical examination
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the Center
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
Director of Nursing Benefits
- Positive & friendly work environment
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance
At Goodwin Recruiting we are committed to our core values. We take our value, Dedicated to Diversity & Inclusion, very seriously and will never discriminate against a candidate or client based on any protected classes. Our clients seek qualified candidates, and that s what we deliver. A person's age, gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or arrest or conviction record has no bearing on whether he, she, or they are able to do the job. We evaluate the knowledge, skills, and abilities that meet the requirements of the position and aim to open doors and change lives. We value all people, understanding that uniqueness and diversity foster a stronger team that is innovative and brings varying perspectives to the table. We put our money where our mouth is and are proud of our efforts to identify a broad slate of candidates, with many hiring success stories to share.
DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match.
SUPPORT: As a job seeker, there are no fees - we are here to support and assist you in finding that successful long-term match. We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand-tailored process that does not waste their time.
See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website:
REACH: We have successfully recruited in the hospitality, medical, finance and accounting, and manufacturing and engineering industries. We have a diverse group of clients within each of our industries that support our ability to connect candidates with the opportunities that are right for them. DEPTH: We approach things a little differently than most recruiting companies. We build relationships with our clients and candidates in order to aid in making a successful long-term match. SUPPORT: As a job seeker, there are no fees - we are here to support and assist you in finding that successful long-term match. We pride ourselves on being partners and guides with our candidates and clients as we develop an intelligent, hand-tailored process that does not waste their time. See more information about open positions on our Goodwin Recruiting website: https://jobs.goodwinrecruiting.com/