The Senior Machinist is directly responsible for producing complex parts at the specified machining cycle and to customer specifications. The Senior Machinist will also advise and assist in trouble shooting and enhancing machining processes while working directly with Engineering in the development of new customer projects, new machining processes or new methods.
Senior Machinist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set-up and operate specific CNC equipment and meet production standards following requirements stated on job
traveler/set-up sheet or customer print.
• Inspect parts to specified print dimensions continuously.
• Trouble shoot specific CNC equipment and make mechanical repairs as needed.
• Assist in developing CNC programming or recommend enhancements and G-Code editing to existing programs.
• Assist in machine operator training as required.
• Work with Management in problem solving of existing machining process, quality issues, or customer problems.
• Work directly with Engineering in developing new projects as required
Senior Machinist Job Requirements:
• Minimum High School diploma or GED. Some technical formal education, certification a plus, but not required.
• Experience 3 to 5 years’ experience in CNC machining equipment.
• Previous experience with Hernly or Mikron machines a plus
• G-Code editing and programming.
• Working knowledge of quality control measuring devices and gauges.
• Basic understanding of M/S Outlook and Excel software.
• Solid organizational skills and high degree of attention to details.
• High level of mechanical skills.
• Self-starter and works with a minimum of supervision.
Senior Machinist Benefits and Compensation:
• $32 to $37/hr. depending on experience
• Medical insurance
• Paid vacation
• Management bonus program.