We have the opportunity for a person who shares our passion for food and service. The Transportation Manager oversees all functions of the Transportation Department. Including but not limited to scheduling and monitors all deliveries and pickups, fleet management, driver scheduling to stay within budget, this position manages the driver downtime to guarantee maximum efficiency. All fleets including maintenance and advice on vehicle purchases. Bi-lingual preferred, language classes are also available if needed.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed and that all delivery times are being met timely.
- Creates a daily run sheet and driver assignment sheet, optimizing delivery routes and ensuring on-time deliveries and pickups.
- Oversees the loading of food and equipment into trucks in conjunction with the Shipping and Receiving Manager.
- Generates a weekly schedule for staff.
- Interviews and recommends applicants to ensure the transportation department is properly staffed.
- Trains and retrains staff; ensures their ability to safely operate equipment; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary.
- Maintains the fleet from both a mechanical and cleanliness standpoint. Researches both equipment and vehicles to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and cost.
- Generates transportation security lists for the sales team in a timely manner and in the correct format.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Evening, weekend and holiday work may be required as job duties demand.