The Director of Operations is responsible for leading and directing the Restaurants toward achieving the overall strategic objectives of the Company and his/her specific Zone. The Director of Operations also is responsible for developing the people in his/her Zone. Develops people to protect and maintain the Company’s core values across the system. Position may require relocation based on business needs.
- Demonstrate and ensure operational excellence through the training, coaching, disciplining, and encouragement of Area Managers/Supervisors and/or Senior Area Managers/Supervisors.
- Contributes to the planning and participates fully in business meetings as required.
- Effectively evaluates the conflict resolution skills of Area Managers/Supervisors and influences courage in communication
- Partner with Human Resources in any investigations that arise in the Area and work with HR to finalize and make decisions on any action to be taken.
- Supervises at least two or more full-time assigned Area Managers/Supervisors and/or Senior Area Managers/Supervisors and makes decisions, with Human Resources (HR) consultation, concerning the hiring, promoting, disciplining, and discharging of Area Managers/Supervisors and/or Senior Area Managers/Supervisors
- Ensures that restaurants within Zones are compliant with all government inspections and expectations and that company standards are upheld
- Work with Senior Area Manager and Director of Operations on new restaurant site selections and new restaurant budget planning.
- Monitors sales/labors analysis at the Zone level and works with Area Managers/Supervisors and Senior Area Managers/Supervisors on any operational opportunities identified.
- Works with Area Managers/Supervisors and/or Senior Area Managers/Supervisors on a strategic approach for improving brand awareness within the Zone
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
To continue the path for career success, the Director of Operations will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certifications associated with the position.