We are looking for high-end creative Event Chef who can focus on attention to details. The Event Chef will be firm but fair with the team, teach and hold the team accountable to standards and down to the detail. We have a high-end fine dining private club with 150 members, and we do several high-end events a week. We are looking high energy, ownership, enthusiastic with a focus on 5-star. Michelin restaurant experience is a plus. If this sounds like you then please send your application.
Event Chef Responsibilities:
- Fine Dining Service is expected.
- Supervise and guide banquet kitchen staff.
- Execute tasks assigned from the Executive Chef.
- Assist and maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen.
- Assists with training of new kitchen staff.
- Ensure adequate kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each function.
- Participates in employee evaluations and take necessary disciplinary actions accordingly.
- Meets with banquet VIP clients to discuss menu planning and options.
- Develops menus based on client specifications and the contract written.
- Supervises junior cooks and other members of the kitchen staff.
- Implement and ensure all standards of safety and sanitation are strictly observed.
- Presents the final menu items to the customer for approval.
- Ensure and check the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
- Get and evaluate the feedback for client satisfaction.
- Be cost effective.
- Must have the ability to handle menus ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to formal dinners with multi-course meals that are individually plated.
- Ability to travel to offsite areas in the event a banquet is catered at another location.
Event Chef Qualifications:
- 2-4 years in a similar role as the Event Chef.
- 5 to 7 years of Kitchen supervisory roles.
- Multi-international cuisine knowledge is expected.
- A culinary degree from 2 years of an accredited culinary school is mandatory.
- High-End Fine Dining Event and Catering experience a must,
- A VIP client experience background with a solid track record expected.
- Michelin rated restaurant a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO 80 hours + 8 hours after 1st year
- 401k Plan
- 30% gym discount
- Commuter benefits are fantastic.