Content-focused Marketing Associate
Goodwin Recruiting, a thriving national recruiting firm, is seeking a part-time marketing associate to join our growing marketing department. This role will begin as a part-time role and become a full-time position in the spring/summer of 2021. If you are a college student looking to break into marketing or a stay-at-home parent looking for a part-time gig with flexibility and room to grow, this is the role for you.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include proofreading and writing content about talent acquisition that fuels website traffic, social media postings, and PR activities. You will be expected to support the team on other critical projects and be open to learning additional digital skills like WordPress and email marketing automation. As a critical member of our marketing team, you will be able to make an immediate impact and write! You will work with and learn from a top-notch marketing team.
How do you know if you’re the ideal candidate?
You are ready to go! You have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-it-done mentality. You want to learn about all sides of the marketing business from digital to lead generation. You are an excellent writer with the ability to turn to business concepts into compelling messaging that draws in audiences. You would be comfortable creating and editing content in multiple formats for multiple channels, in various lengths. Your grammar skills are stellar. You are an organizational pro who is always willing to help with any project. Above all, you love to learn and grow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proofread articles, newsletters, and assist with auditing job descriptions on our website
- Create and edit long- and short-form content to fuel inbound and outbound efforts, including blogs, newsletters, eBooks, white papers, infographics, videos, emails, advertising, case studies, and more
- Learn SEO to optimize keyword use in all content development to drive leads
- Write press releases
- Pitch and create articles for external publications
- Collaborate with third-party writing resources
- Collaborate with the marketing team on brainstorming, campaign development, and social media
- Assist with other marketing projects as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Superior multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to research and keep up with the marketplace and industry trends
- Digitally savvy and willing to constantly learn new software and systems
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed
- Writing samples required
Goodwin Recruiting offers:
- Strong hourly rate to start — 10 to 15 hours per week
- Flexibility of work hours
- The opportunity to learn B2B lead gen marketing from the ground up
- The opportunity to join Goodwin Recruiting full-time in the spring/summer of 2021