An established and highly-regarded Law Firm is looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team and make an immediate impact by working closely with CPA’s and to provide exceptional service. The ideal Bookkeeper will have the ambition to succeed at a professional and friendly firm. The perfect candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with great communication skills, and extremely organized.
- Performing all bookkeeping functions
- Processing Tax Returns for clients
- Maintains general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries and coding of invoices.
- Performing AP/AR responsibilities such as verifying all invoices for payment, ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Reconciling accounts and assisting Tax Assistant with tax returns
- Partnering with Certified Public Accountants
- Reconciliations, month-end closing procedures, accounts payable, cash forecasting, Credit Card processing.
- Light Reception/Administrative Work as needed
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Oversite of daily accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Must have at least 4+ years of bookkeeping experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Must understand journal entries and material depreciation
- Must understand brokerage accounts as they will be an aspect in the handling of this position
- Experience with law firm billing or other professional service firm and accounting software (i.e. Quick Books) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
- Processing of tax returns (not the preparation) is a bonus.
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Partnership accounting is a MUST
- Collaborative work environment
- Full health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Simple IRA
- Growth potential
- Paid Vacation