Maintenance Technician (Full-Time)
- Posted: 19 days ago
Goodwin Living is a 2022 Top Workplace in the D.C. region, according to The Washington Post! Join our work team that includes members who represent nearly 70 countries. You’ll make connections that last a lifetime!
What Makes Us Awesome!
At Goodwin Living, we feel deeply connected to our work. We create meaningful relationships and have opportunities to grow our skills. We come from all around the world yet share the following qualities (that we hope you share, too!):
- Compassion that is rooted in a love of people
- Ambition to make a difference in the lives of others
- Desire to be a part of a mission-driven team
About the Position
Position is primarily responsible for performing general building and equipment repair work. In addition, employee shall perform preventive maintenance on all stationary and movable equipment within the building, and any that may be used outside.
This position is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Weekend availability is required.
- Makes necessary repairs in residents’ apartments as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists in the repair of electrical equipment, plumbing and HVAC.
- Perform on call after hours emergency service.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth and learning.
Performs additional job duties as assigned and directed.
- Must have 3 years experience in maintenance in the areas of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such an action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, patients, and visitors.
- Must be generally familiar with gasoline and electrical motors, electrical wiring, heating equipment, plumbing and refrigeration equipment.
- Must have 3 years experience in maintenance of food service equipment in a commercial kitchen including steam ovens, dishwashers, ice machines, grills, etc.
A sampling of our many benefits:
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
- Free Meals
Goodwin Living has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes three senior living life plan communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services such as hospice, home health and rehabilitation therapy, and the Goodwin Living Foundation.
Goodwin Living provides a supporting and enriching work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.
AddressFalls Church, VA
Real EstateView all jobs at Goodwin House
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?