Kitchen Support Specialist (Part-Time)
- Posted: over a month ago
Goodwin Living is a 2021 Top Workplace in the D.C. region, according to The Washington Post! Join our work team that includes members who represent nearly 70 countries. You’ll make connections that last a lifetime!
What Makes Us Awesome!
At Goodwin Living, we feel deeply connected to our work. We create meaningful relationships and have opportunities to grow our skills. We come from all around the world yet share the following qualities (that we hope you share, too!):
- Compassion that is rooted in a love of people
- Ambition to make a difference in the lives of others
- Desire to be a part of a mission-driven team
About The Position
We are looking for a Utility Person who will be primarily responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and order of the Dining Services Department according to departmental standards.
- Cleans and sanitizes trash containers in accordance with department guidelines.
- Sweeps, mops and hoses kitchen areas regularly or as needed.
- Collects and disposes of used kitchen grease according to proper handling procedures.
- Performs detailed cleaning of facilities, appliances, and equipment as assigned to maintain departmental sanitation standards.
- Supports other kitchen functions as needed, including receiving, food storage, food prep, dish machine, and meal service.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with others.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
- Must possess effective verbal communication skills in order to engage with staff, residents and management.
- Must be well groomed, practice good personal hygiene, and project a professional appearance.
A sampling of our many benefits:
At Goodwin Living, our employees have a great benefits package worth up to 10,000 a year!
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
- Free Meals
About Goodwin Living
Goodwin Living has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes two senior living life plan communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services such as hospice, home health and rehabilitation therapy, and the Goodwin Living Foundation.Goodwin Living provides a supporting and enriching work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.
AddressFalls Church, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Goodwin House