Hospice RN After Hours Position- PRN/On-Call
- $3,000 Weekly
- Paid Time Off
- Per Diem
Celebrated as the #1 Top Workplace in the D.C. region for 2023 by The Washington Post, Goodwin Living is more than a team – it's a global family of individuals who represent more than 65 countries.
Why Our Team Members Vote Us #1
Goodwin Living ranks #1 thanks to team members who respond to an annual survey conducted by a neutral, third-party resource. Here are some reasons they honor us with this ranking:
Embracing Diversity: Our strength is in our diverse team from over 65 countries, fostering an inclusive and vibrant culture that values every voice.
Growth and Opportunities: We bolster personal and professional development, offering myriad opportunities, from on-the-job training to mentorship programs and financial support, to help you reach your full potential.
Valuing Our Team Members: By prioritizing team member satisfaction, we create a fulfilling work environment with competitive benefits, work-life balance, and recognition programs, ensuring our team feels appreciated and valued.
About the Position
Hospice team is seeking candidates to work Part-Time After Hours (12-hour weekend days for part-time) to support a team covering the Northern Virginia area within the beltway. Work with seasoned hospice professionals in caring for patients and families in their community and facility homes at the end of life. Candidates will be clinically competent and compassionate RN’s with hospice or critical care background. We are accepting candidates interested in part-time work.
- A registered nurse who is currently licensed by their primary state of residence.
- Minimum 1 of year experience as a professional nurse, preferably in a hospice or in an acute care or long term care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of terminally ill residents and families in varied settings.
- Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles.
- Proficient in Word, and able to master documentation software competently enough to assist others in its use.
- Has a valid driver’s license and is able and willing to drive to patients’ homes to deliver care as part of caseload responsibilities
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of administrative experience, preferably hospice or discharge planning.
- Is able to speak articulately about end-of-life issues and able to compassionately and calmly respond to clients who under duress.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and able to master documentation software competently enough to assist others in its use.
A sampling of our many benefits!
We’ve got you covered with incredible benefits, whether you work full-time, part-time, or PRN (as needed). Here’s a glimpse of what we offer to Full-Time team members:
- Paid Time Off
- DailyPay: Work and get paid the same day!
- Tuition Assistance for Career Development
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application or DACA Renewal
- Tutoring for ESL, Citizenship Test & GED
- Staff Emergency Grants
- Referral Program: Earn up to $3,000 for referring friends and family!
- Free Meals, Access to a Fitness Center, Pool, and More
About Goodwin Living
At Goodwin Living, we can all find work with purpose! As a nonprofit senior living and healthcare organization based in Alexandria, Virginia, we are driven by our mission: to support, honor and uplift the lives of older adults and those who care for them. Our commitment to our team members is written directly into that statement. We create an enriching and supportive work environment that has inspired our team members to vote us into the Washington Post Top Workplace rankings since 2019, and they made us #1 in 2023!
Goodwin Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an AARP Employer Pledge Signer. We take pride in our inclusive work culture that values diversity and fosters talent. With us, you are more than just a team member; you are part of a community committed to excellence and continuous learning.
Goodwin HouseAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.